The Eastern Kentucky University football team will begin its 2018 season on Thursday, Aug. 30, at home against Morehead State University.
The game at Roy Kidd Stadium is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
Due to the Thursday game, please be aware of the following impacts for this day:
- The Fitness & Wellness Center employee lot will close Wednesday night (Aug. 29).
- A small section of the student commuter lot within the Fitness & Wellness Center will also close Wednesday night and will be marked with barricades/cones.
- The Alumni Coliseum Lot will close at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 30, and re-open at 3 p.m.
It doesn’t matter if you are a Colonel Club member, a student, a Colonel fan or a Morehead State fan, there is plenty of information below that will help make your game day experience the best it can be …
Game Day Timeline
4 hours prior to kickoff – all tailgate lots open, including EKU Student and Greek Life Tailgating Lot, sponsored by Apollo’s Pizza
3 hours prior to kickoff – Family Fun FanZone opens
2:15 prior to kickoff – Colonel Walk
1 hour prior to kickoff – Cheer & Dance procession to the stadium
The ticket booths at Roy Kidd Stadium will open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are always available online at EKUSports.com.
EKU Football Parking Information
Whether you are a proud member of the EKU athletics family or a fan of the opposition, we strive to provide you an enjoyable experience during your visit to Eastern Kentucky University. The following parking and tailgating regulations below are intended to ensure your safety and comfort. Please keep sidewalks and driveways clear of obstructions, respect our campus grounds and please follow the directives of our parking attendants and game day staff.
EKU Football Parking Lot Locations
• There are numerous and convenient parking options for all fans on game day at Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Colonel Club Lot – Located in the Alumni Coliseum Lower and Upper lots across the street from Roy Kidd Stadium. Colonel Club season ticket members have exclusive access to both of these lots with their valid Colonel Club parking pass.
Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional parking spaces cannot be saved. Parking passes must be displayed in vehicles at all times. Colonel Club members who wish to tailgate in the Lower AC lot are restricted to the area around their vehicle. Do not block driveways or impede traffic. Colonel Club members who wish to tailgate and require more space than allowed in the Lower AC lot are encouraged to access the Upper AC lot.
For the Thursday night season-opener, the upper and lower AC lots will open at 3 p.m. on game day (Aug. 30).
• RV Zone – The RV Zone is designed to provide EKU football fans a unique and unforgettable tailgating experience. Located in the Lower AC lot and steps away from Roy Kidd Stadium, the RV Zone is available for both single game and full season passes. Single game passes start at $50 per game, which include two general admission tickets for the game. Full season passes are available for $200 and includes two general admission tickets for each home game. The RV Zone will open at 3 p.m. on game day (Aug. 30) and will close at 3 p.m. the Friday following game day. Reservations for the RV Zone are required at least three (3) days in advance and your space may be reserved by calling 859-622-2046.
• EKU Student & Greek Life Tailgating Lot, sponsored by Apollo’s Pizza – EKU student and Greek life parking will be located at the Fitness and Wellness Center parking lot. The EKU Student and Greek Life Tailgating Lot, sponsored by Apollo’s Pizza will open at 3 p.m. on game day (Aug.30).
• General Parking – EKU provides general parking free of charge for the following parking lots located on campus: Brockton, Hanlon, Dizney, Commonwealth, Alumni Coliseum back lots or in parking lots across the Eastern By-Pass. All general parking lots will open on game day at 3 p.m.
• Media Parking – Credentialed media members should park at the Greg Adams Tennis Center parking lot located across the Eastern By-Pass.
EKU Football Parking Regulations
• Parking is permitted only in designated spaces. Parking on islands, medians or berms is prohibited.
• Parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be saved.
• Tailgating is only allowed in areas where the flow of traffic is not obstructed.
• No sale of food, beverages or novelties are permissible without proper permit.
• No open flames other than gas grills.
• Waste food items and trash must be disposed of in appropriate containers, which are provided throughout the grounds.
• No personal motorized carts are allowed.
• Only small weighted (12’x12’ maximum) tents may be used; no staking is allowed.
• Music should be confined to your tailgate area.
• Protect your belongings. EKU will not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
Attend The Game – While we encourage the fun and camaraderie that tailgating produces, please be cognizant that a football game is being played at Roy Kidd Stadium. Our student-athletes need you in the stands! Please show respect for our EKU student-athletes by attending the game.
For additional information or questions, call 859-622-2122.
Student seating is located in sections J, K, L. Students may also sit on the hill in the north end zone. Students can enter the stadium through Gate 1 or Gate 6. Students need their official school ID out and ready to be allowed admittance to the game.
EKU’s Touchdown Terrace with beer sales will be open for Thursday’s game. Please note the following information:
• Will open at 6 p.m.
• The new location this year is on the east side of the stadium at the 50-yard line.
• Open only to fans 21 years and older.
• Beer will only be available for purchase inside the Touchdown Terrace.
• Fans will be limited to two beverages per transaction and will not be permitted to leave the enclosed area with their purchase.
• Cash and credit cards accepted
• All beer sales will end at the conclusion of the third quarter.
ADA Accessible Ticket Information
• The ADA accessible seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium in Section J, N, and R of the east side of the stadium.
• Patrons must purchase a general admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The ADA-accessible restrooms are located on the concourse of the east side of the stadium. The Moberly building also provides accessible restrooms.
• ADA-accessible parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the By-Pass.
The main accessible gate (Moberly Gate) is between the Moberly building and the Fitness & Wellness Center.