Eastern Kentucky University will offer a fully online master’s degree program in Justice, Policy & Leadership, beginning in Spring 2016.
The EKU Online program includes a criminal justice core, and provides students the ability to take a wide range of electives in three areas of concentration: policing, corrections and juvenile justice.
“A primary goal of the program is to develop students’ leadership, communication and critical thinking skills to improve their administrative effectiveness,” said Dr. Pete Kraska, professor and chair of graduate studies in the School of Justice Studies in the College of Justice & Safety.
“This high-quality program with nationally renowned faculty members has been offering administrators and leaders in criminal justice agencies a top-notch education for more than 30 years,” he added. “The School’s justice policy and leadership programs have had a significant impact in the fields of policing, juvenile justice, corrections and community corrections. Our goal is to offer students a top-quality education in an online format.”
Kraska said benefits of the fully accredited online program include:
· the opportunity to earn a degree from an internationally recognized criminal justice program.
· small class sizes taught not by adjuncts with little association with EKU but, rather, by regular, full-time, tenured and tenure-track EKU faculty. (To see profiles of all the faculty members, visit justicestudies.eku.edu/people.
· a supportive infrastructure that includes a personal adviser who will create a graduation plan and assist in all aspects of program completion.
· six start dates each year.
· the ability to progress at an accelerated pace, with courses that start every eight weeks.
Classes begin in January 2016. For more information, visit go.EKU.edu/JusticeLeader2016.
Consistently recognized as having some of the nation’s best online degree programs, EKU strives to make quality education accessible to everyone. EKU is an accredited, brick-and-mortar institution celebrating more than 100 years of student success. EKU Online offers more than 30 undergraduate and graduate degree options in a variety of fields, representing Arts and Sciences, Education, Justice and Safety, and Health Sciences.